Work It – Life Time Athletic Vaughan
Already overwhelmed by your fitness goals this new year? Stick to this expert-curated checklist by Vaughan fitness hub Life Time Athletic and you’ll never find yourself procrastinating on that workout again!
- Avoid ambiguity by making SMART goals that are specific, measureable, attainable, realistic and timely.
- Resolve to take daily action, no matter how simplistic. For example, instead of overhauling your diet, start with hydration — focus on drinking your body weight in ounces of water each day and track your compliance.
- Expect to fail sometimes — aim for 80 per cent compliance.
- Schedule it in and create a detailed plan. It’s harder to make excuses when you’ve specifically made time for your workout.
- Reflect on what you were able to accomplish in 2016, rather than your downfalls. This will give you the motivation to tackle 2017 with positivity and energy.
- Try something new, like Pilates or swimming.