Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage
Bon appétit! This simple yet comforting pasta dish, featuring savoury Italian sausage in a tomato sauce, will surely be a hit at your next dinner party
1 lb. Italian sausage links
½ lb. lean ground beef
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1. Remove casing from sausage links and cut into ½-inch slices. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat ground beef, olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is nicely browned; drain.
3. Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cooked sausage. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
5. Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and remove bay leaf from sauce before serving.
Marini Foods Ltd.
Perfectly grilled, flavourful sausages are the quintessential summertime treat. Marini Foods Ltd., along with its labels Rea and Bona, provide a variety of Italian-style deli meats throughout Canada, along with over 50 types of sausage products.
www.bonafoods.com | www.marinifoods.com