As summer comes to a close, it’s time to shake up your beauty routine. Local makeup artist and beauty expert Rita Stirpe shares her fave products that will perfect your look without weighing you down.
1. Keep your bronzed glow going with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, which comes equipped with a variety of highlighting and contouring shades to match your skin even as your tan fades
2. Bobbi Brown’s convenient two-in-one Natural Brow Shaper & Hair Touch Up fills in brows and keeps them in place all day. With six shades to choose from, everyone can find something to love about this little miracle
3. Protect your pout with Jack Black’s
ultra-hydrating Intense Therapy Lip Balm with SPF 25, available in four great scents. Its skin-softening conditioners will help you steer clear of dry, cracked lips
4. Too Faced’s Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick comes in 19 shades and stays put all day. Whether you’re going for a bright, bold or neutral look, Too Faced has you covered
5. Sunday Riley’s Luna Sleeping Night Oil expertly promotes skin cell turnover to minimize wrinkles, reduce pore size and boost radiance in just one night. An active retinol complex and paraben-free formula also helps to correct sun and pollution damage for a soothed and clear complexion in the morning
6. Fight summer-sun breakage and split ends with Alterna Haircare’s Caviar CC Cream for Hair. Simply apply the leave-in treatment to your clean and towel-dried tresses and watch as the formula’s nourishing benefits bring manageability and shine to your beach waves
7. Kick up the drama without going heavy on the eyes. Tarte’s full-volume Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara will have you looking wide-eyed without wearing out as the heat beats on
8. You can have a little or a lot. Cover FX’s Custom Cover Drops can be mixed in with any base product — serums, primers, tinted moisturizers — to quickly and effortlessly add an extra dose of controlled coverage to your look
9. The groundbreaking formula of BareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream flips traditional foundation on its head. The perfectly blendable product looks naturally radiant on the complexion while protecting your skin with SPF 30
About Rita Stirpe
From educating aspiring makeup artists to hosting her own show, Cosmetic Art, on Rogers TV, Vaughan-based makeup artist Rita Stirpe has been making the world a more beautiful place since the year 2000. In 2014, she was one of five top finalists for Makeup Artist of the Year at the Contessa Awards, and this year she made it to the finalist round for Makeup Artist of the Year at the prestigious Canadian Mirror Awards. Along with rouging the faces of celebrities and well-known personalities, Rita is also a top choice for local brides-to-be searching for expert makeup application on their big day.