Even though we’re reaching summer’s end, don’t let its warmth and beauty escape you. Locally renowned makeup artist Rita Stirpe dishes on how to carry your allure into fall with these hot new products.
1. Wild Argan Oil: As the sun sets on summer, keep showing your sun-kissed skin some love with this exotic oil from The Body Shop. Created from precious handpicked Moroccan argan oil, this elixir boosts radiance and gives skin a satin-smooth finish, maintaining that warm-weather glow.
2. Roses et Reines Eau de Toilette: Hold summer captive in a bottle of this revamped eau de toilette by L’Occitane en Provence. Originally crafted 10 years ago as Rose 4 Reines, this delicate perfume has been reimagined as Roses et Reines, a liquid whimsy of love that will let you keep your own personal summer, even into the cooler months. www.loccitane.ca
3. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: Even on our non-glamorous days, a swipe of mascara is always a must. Featuring a high-tech volumizing brush, the Perversion Mascara from Urban Decay will keep your blink beautiful on campus, in the office or as you head out on the town. www.urbandecay.com
4. I Am Prodigious!: Six different plant oils come to play in this limited edition and preservative-free dry oil, which nourishes, repairs and softens the skin. Intended to tap into the goddess in every woman, this latest addition to the Huile Prodigieuse family of oils carries an aroma of happiness and femininity that’s reminiscent of a sun-drenched vacation. www.nuxe.com
5. OSiS+ Wax Dust: Whether you’re returning to class or entering a new season at the office, start fresh by finally trying out some of those hairstyles you’ve seen on Pinterest. This innovative product with lightweight consistency lets you get creative with your locks without weighing them down.
Rita Stirpe is a makeup artist and host of Cosmetic Art on Rogers TV