Cashmere, Coveted and Chic – Femme by Christina
Femme by Christina is the quaint Kleinburg boutique stocking the top trends for Winter 2017/18.
What caught our eye on all the major runways this spring is finally making its way to the streets for Winter 2017/18. This year we’re seeing beautiful, touchable fabrics and textures that don’t just look good, but feel good too. Boutique owner Christina Infusino tells City Life that it’s all about garment details — fun pompoms, elegant ruffles, delicate lace detailing and soft velvet. The trend is to take typical plain- Jane knits and add a bow or two, a cold shoulder or other fabulous accoutrements. This season we’re also swooning over blush tones, merlot, reds and blues. You’re doing it right if you’re adding these bold pops of colour to just about every ensemble.
A trip to Femme by Christina means incredible customer service and bespoke styling advice. Helping clients find the right piece is half the fun. Christina’s other passion is teaching clients how to get the most out of their purchases by exploring the versatility of each item.
1. Hat: The pompom is one of the most popular embellishments this season, and the look perfectly complements any ensemble. Find this adorable 100 per cent cashmere hat in grey, army green, black or cream. It also makes the perfect gift.
2. Scarf: The blanket scarf is a trend that’s been carried over year after year for its comfort and style. This piece looks great with a coat, your favourite knit or even a leather jacket. This popular design has been selling out at Femme!
3. Gloves: Fashionable and efficient — these faux-fur, smartphone- compatible pompom gloves are a millennial’s dream.
4. Coat: Made from 100 per cent alpaca, this winter coat packs the perfect punch of colour. The signature ribbed-sleeve detailing adds charm to this cozy outerwear collection. A-list style icons like Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle have been spotted sporting the coat.
5. Handbag: This blush-tone bag with rose-gold detailing is on point for the winter. The rose-gold accents pair perfectly with the merlot and red hues that are hot this season. The value is in its versatility, as the handbag easily converts for daytime use with a cross-body strap.
6. Bottle: These insulated bottles keep beverages hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours. With various sizes and styles, these trendy vessels also make the perfect gift.
7. Shoes: Everyone needs a quality leather bootie! The pointed toe is trending this season, and simple silver studs add the perfect pinch of detail. This shoe stretches easily for comfortable wear.